Bulk organic herbs, spices and essential oils. Sin

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sony Customer Service Sucks! Or WHERE is my replacement E-Reader???


Dear Sony,
  My name is Lisa, and I am the owner of a Sony PRS-600bc that stopped working after 2 months. I contacted your repair department, started a work order and shipped my e-reader back to your Laredo Warehouse in Texas. I shipped the E-reader out on 3/26 and it was received in the Laredo Warehouse on 4/4/2011 at 9 am and signed for by a Morales at the dock. The UPS tracking number is  1Z4025FE9094572437 so that you can check for yourself that I actually sent my reader back for replacement.

  I have been attempting to get my reader replaced since 4/5/11 with NO success. I have been given the run-around and shuffled back and forth between the Laredo Warehouse and the Tech Repair department for a month now. I have spoken to a Maurice, Amy, Robert, Henry, Jack, Daniella and Francis. None of them can seem to pull their heads out of the sand, long enough to put my replacement E-reader back in the mail to me.


I was told on 4/5/11 that my replacement would be in the mail and back in my hands in 3 - 5 days, when that day came and went with no email contact and no confirmation tracking number. I called back on the 13th of April and spoke to a woman whose name I could not pronounce or spell if my life depended on it. I could not understand a thing she said, because her English was so broken. The only thing I did understand was that my status was pending. I asked for a supervisor and was told, there was not one available at the moment. I hung up, called back and talked to Henry, who told me that my e-reader was already on its way, but he did not have a tracking number and to call 1-239-768-7606. He said that they could give me a tracking number and tell me when my reader could be expected. When I called that number, I talked to Maurice, who told me that my order had NOT been processed and to call back.


 By now, it is April 19th and I am getting very angry about not having my e-reader, WHICH I PAID FOR, replaced. I called back on the 21st and talked to another rep, who told me that they were expiditing my case and my e-reader would be sent out overnight, but that the office would be closed the next day for Good Friday. I was asked to  please call in on Monday to get the tracking information. I called back yesterday, 4/25/11, ONLY TO BE SHOVED around yet again. Francis said there was no record of my case having been sent to 2nd level service, it was NOT given to a supervisor and there was no record in my file where I was ever told that the reader would be shipped out overnight. Francis put me through to Amy, who is supposedly this 2nd level support, when in fact, she is nothing more than a simple customer service rep with an attitude. Amy pretended to give my case to a supervisor named Robert, who I believe, does not exist, because when I called and asked for him, no one knew who he was. 

  I called back this morning, 4/26/11 and spoke to Jack, who was totally clueless, and he put me back through to the Laredo Warehouse YET AGAIN, where I spoke to Daniella. Daniella didn't know what was going on either, and when I asked to talk to her supervisor, I was told, yet again, that there were no supervisors available. I informed her that if she could not help me, that I was going to call Sony Corporate Headquarters. She asked me NOT to do that, and proceeded to tell me that it would take her a few days to review my file and figure out what was going on. I told her that was not acceptable, as I have been waiting nearly a month for someone to "review my file and figure out what as going on." I'm tired of being jerked around by the customer service flunkies who WILL NOT even attempt to make this situation right.


I called Sony Corporate Headquarters at 858-942-2729, left a message on the answering machine that picked up and will CONTINUE to call and leave messages until someone gets back to me and either sends me my replacement E-reader, or refunds me the money I'm out from purchasing such a worthless piece of junk that stops working and freezes up after only 2 months of use. I really should have saved up my money and bought the Kindle or the Nook, since I know from experience that Amazon and Barnes and Noble, BOTH have a wonderful customer service department. Things actually get taken care of with them. I am looking forward to your reply.

No comments: